COPYRIGHT PANEL EVENT!
On Tuesday, September 28 in Toronto, DOC, Point of View magazine, and the Professional Writers Association of Canada (PWAC) are holding a panel event titled 'Copyright: A View From Both Sides'.
The panel of 5 media experts will discuss copyright vs. copyleft issues from different media-makers perspectives, in light of Bill C32 announcements coming this fall. Sandy Crawley, the Executive Director of PWAC, will be moderating the panel. Sandy has written an article on copyright issues in Point of View's Fall issue titled 'Copyright, Copyleft, Or Just Confusion', which will be the jumping off point for the panel.
Download the article.
- David Fewer - Director of the Canadian Internet Policy and Public Interest Clinic (CIPPIC)
- Philip Smith, founder of Community Bandwidth
- Erin Finlay - legal counsel and the manager of legal services at Access Copyright
- John Degen, poet, novelist and Literature Officer for the Ontario Arts Council
- Cameron McMaster - DOC Policy and Research Coordinator
PLEASE RESERVE YOUR TICKET NOW ONLINE at http://copyrightpanel.eventbrite.com. The panel is taking place at the Centre for Social Innovation in Toronto (126 Spadina Avenue, Suite 215). The entry fee is $5 online or at the door, and includes a copy of Point of View's Fall issue. This event is FREE for members of DOC and PWAC.