What is Festival Concierge?
Festival Concierge offers DOC members support with the national and international festival distribution of their productions. Our goal is to see more great Canadian docs in more film festivals! As gateways to the Canadian and international market, festivals can be important starting points in the commercial life of your film. But which festivals are best positioned to maximize your particular goals? Where should your film premiere? What is the best way to make sure your film gets seen by the right people? Do you really have to pay the submission fee? Festival Concierge provides administrative services and strategic counsel to help you navigate the film festival world. Originally launched in 2014 Festival Concierge will be relaunching in 2019. You can sign up to have your project piloted by contacting email@example.com.
Festival Concierge will:
- Save members’ time and money by easing their festival submission workload
- Advance the knowledge and capability of filmmakers to better understand and navigate the festival world
- Forge alliances with domestic and international festivals on members’ behalf, including key programmers and decision makers
- Strengthen the Canadian documentary brand abroad by becoming the go-to resource for festival programmers
The Festival Concierge service includes:
- Custom-designed Strategy and Consultation Services
Festival Concierge offers consultation services to documentary creators to build a festival strategy, and exploit festivals and markets to the benefit of individual productions. There are multiple consultation options to choose from. Each consultancy package includes:
- An evaluation screening of your completed or in-progress film
- Detailed feedback, allowing you to see your film from a festival programmer’s point of view
- A tailored list of target festivals to help you maximize your festival submissions budget
- An optional introduction to an expert consultant in digital marketing or audience engagement
- Key intel about the festival market/circuit submissions, waivers, and deadlines
To date we have built strong relationships with RIDM, Cinefest, VIFF, Sundance, Gimme Some Truth, SXSW, and DOXA, among others.
- The Festival Concierge Catalogue
The Catalogue is a listing of DOC-member projects, tailored and shared directly with senior festival programmers around the world. Inclusion in the Catalogue is free for DOC members.
*Please note that this portion of the service is under construction. We will let members know when the Catalogue will be available*
For more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org