1. VOICE & ADVOCACY Members are united in their voices to ensure that they are heard on industry matters like Terms of Trade. DOC is the only organization that speaks on behalf of independent filmmakers.
2. EXCLUSIVE INSURANCE PROGRAM This program is designed for Canadian documentary producers and provides a variety of insurance coverage at an advantageous cost. Read more here
3. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT Each chapter works hard to bring members workshops on every area of documentary filmmaking including storytelling, copyright issues, new media etc.
4. POV Receive a complimentary subscription to Canadaâ€™s only national magazine on the art and business of indie documentaries
5. DOCSPACE DOCspace is searchable database and networking tool for those in the documentary sector. By creating a profile of yourself you will meet many others in your field, as well as gain accessibilty to those who may be interested in your work!
6. DOC-DISCUSSION LISTSERV An exclusive, active, online community to discuss the latest news, find crew, upcoming events and job postings!
7. DISCOUNTS Enjoy negotiated discounts with Hot Docs, Vancouverâ€™s DOCTalk, and other festivals including industry events, services and products.
8. INFORMATION Keep up to date with our national and regional e-blast newsletter each month on industry news, government action, awards, workshops, and festivals.
9. RESEARCH INITIATIVES DOC compiles and publishes Getting Real: An Economic Profile of the Canadian Documentary Production Industry.
10. COMMUNITY Meet and network with great filmmakers at social events, workshops and more
If you have any questions or to receive a membership form for mailing or faxing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org